Monday, August 15, 2005

SCORPIONS!!

SCORPIONS! Not live world wide, but live in my living room. I got up this morning about 7am and while my lovely wife was getting ready for work, I made some coffee and settled into my office to start the daily online search for newly posted jobs. About five minutes in I hear a screech from the other room and run to investigate.

When my wife and I moved to Phoenix over five years ago, she was excited about the move with two massive reservations named, rattlesnake and scorpion. Of course, I reassured her that, although they are here, she would most likely never see one and not have to worry about it. Even after quite a few mountain hikes, we have yet to see a rattlesnake (there was one close call though, we were hiking in the South Mountain Park one hot, early summer day and as we were approaching the peak another young couple were coming down the trail and made a passing comment about watching out for the snake on the trail ahead...needless to say, we didn't make it to the top).

Scorpion sightings have been kept to one time at the Arizona Mills Mall when a lady found a scorpion in her kids stroller while standing in line at the Gap...until this morning.

Back to the scream. Scorpion on the wall in our living room. This freaks me out a little bit, but Rachel, yikes, she actually cried. She tried to tell me that because it was small, it was a baby and they must be mating in our house and they were going to be everywhere. I did my best to reassure her that they are small naturally, which they are. Now what to do about the scorpions...

7 Comments:

At Monday, August 15, 2005 11:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a picture...don't tell me you didn't take a picture. DON'T! TELL! ME! You had to take a picture...right?

 
At Monday, August 15, 2005 12:01:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Here in Detroit, the scorpions carry guns.

 
At Monday, August 15, 2005 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Rachel was a little more concerned with me getting it out of the house without losing it or having it go on a deadly stinging rampage.

I sprayed the crap out of it outside with Raid and killed it pretty quickly. I went out and took a picture just now of the rotting carcass.

http://flickr.com/photos/zeropointdigital/34292799/

 
At Monday, August 15, 2005 12:41:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I would not be able to go back into the house for days. And especially not until the Orkin man came out and sprayed it down inside and out. Just reading about it is giving me goosebumps, I do not like bugs of any variety but scary, deadly, evil bugs...no way!

 
At Monday, August 15, 2005 12:44:00 PM, Blogger Jeremy said...

They're not evil, just misunderstood.

 
At Monday, August 15, 2005 2:35:00 PM, Blogger eingy said...

They are lovers, not fighters.

 
At Tuesday, August 16, 2005 7:01:00 AM, Blogger kerowack said...

Can you eat those things?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home