Wednesday, July 27, 2005

You can't stop the bum rush.

So even after creating a blog, I have been holding off actually posting anything on it. Why? Mainly because every one I know has a blog. By the time, I thought it would actually be cool to have one, they were so ubiquitous that it seemed like a waste of time and space to publish one of mine own. Maybe it is my silly desire to not join the crowd. But, then I realize that I join the crowd in a million different ways already so what's the big deal. Just sell another piece of your identity down the river and wave as it floats away.

So what changed my mind? Well, a little bit of public embarrassment. And when I say a little bit, I mean, a REALLY little bit. Here's what happened. I saw something on TV which made me think of something I saw on a friend's blog. So I jumped online and started combing through posts to find it. Then I saw it. A link to my blog. Sure, it was spelt wrong, but still. The fact that it was there was staring me in the face. Of course, out of simple push of ego I click the link and it takes me to my completely empty blog. And now, here I sit. Typing to no one in particular, about nothing in particular. Strange feeling to be honest. But, hey, if everyone I know has a blog, why not join the crowd.

6 Comments:

At Thursday, July 28, 2005 8:20:00 AM, Blogger kerowack said...

There's plenty of room on the bandwagon! Dibs on those buffalo skins and you just died of dysentary(sp)!

 
At Thursday, July 28, 2005 8:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Conform! Conform!

- Mike

 
At Thursday, July 28, 2005 8:39:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Resistance is futile.

 
At Thursday, July 28, 2005 10:50:00 AM, Blogger eingy said...

"Sure, it was spelt wrong, but still."

Woops! I fixed it. :D Sorry, Mr. ZeroPINTDigital. :)

About the "everyone else doing it" business: Not that I think people should conform to a single hive mind or anything, but I've always thought that if everyone really was jumping off a bridge, I'd suspect that they had seen a crack in the bridge or something attacking from above that I was not aware of, and at least investigate the situation before dismissing it, as parents hope you will when they bring up the analogy. :)

 
At Thursday, July 28, 2005 1:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"but I've always thought that if everyone really was jumping off a bridge"

I'm usually one of the last ones, so hopefully by the time I jump, it's only a three foot fall at most.

- Mike

 
At Friday, July 29, 2005 2:54:00 PM, Blogger Seppo said...

And you land on a comfortable pile of carcasses!

seppo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home