Wednesday, February 08, 2006

My 1979 MGB


My 1979 MGB
Originally uploaded by slightlydope.
I have a new toy. Someone donated a 1979 MGB roadster to the church as a write off at the end of the year. They finally dropped it off last week and an e-mail was sent out to see if anyone was interested in it. I put myself on the list of interested parties.

After a week of people looking at it and no one making an offer on it, our paster of administration asked me if I was still interested. And I was, as long as I didn't have to pay over $500 for it. I ended up paying a lot less than that when he gave it to me as long as I was willing to take it off his hands.

The battery is dead and it is out of gas so I don't even know if it runs. The guy who donated it said that it did but obviously I can't validate that claim until I can charge the battery and get some fuel in it.

I figure worst case, I can put a grand into it and get it running well and have a super fun, Arizona cruising car.

I love it.

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 08, 2006 2:59:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That's an amazing deal, even if you end up putting more than a grand into it. Those are fun little cars. Make sure and post pictures of your progress.

 
At Thursday, February 09, 2006 7:53:00 AM, Blogger A_B said...

That's awesome.


ahwws

The language spoken to newborn babies.

 
At Thursday, February 09, 2006 2:18:00 PM, Blogger Andre Alforque said...

My roommate donated her MG to charity. She had grand dreams of reviving it, but nothing became of it... probably because she was a poor student.

qtfbao - Quit fcuking with Scott Baio

 

Post a Comment

<< Home